Luminaries is the author escort company in Milwaukee and Madison.
Since 1989 Luminaries has proudly offered the most experienced, reliable and professional author escorting for the top New York publishing houses.
Luminaries also offers innovative public relations, festival and special event planning for retail, business and non-profit clients in the Milwaukee area.
Fri, 11/27/2009 - 14:59
We've remade the website to keep you more up to date on what's happening. Look here for information on upcoming events, author-experiences, and our exclusive "Philosophies in a Nutshell" journal entries. Plus now the site is searchable--find out what your favorite author had to say!
Thanks for visiting, I hope you enjoy the new Luminaries!
Mon, 01/30/2012 - 15:39
Now that there is a definite winter lull in touring authors, my thoughts have returned (again) to writing my own book. After joyfully working with some of the biggest authors on the planet for the past 20 years I have my own stories to tell. 95% of touring authors are a kick to work with and the remaining 5% not so much. But I have learned something new from each of them. As the song goes "I know a little bit about a lot of things but I don't know a lot about....". In other words the breadth of fascinating things I've learned from authors is a mile wide and a
Sun, 06/19/2011 - 20:12
Mid-June and still cool, overcast and rainy. But, authors continue to visit us in Milwaukee and Madison and seem to enjoy our un-summer weather. Big festival season and I am working on several at the moment in my "other" career as a PR maven. Upcoming Cedarburg Festivals include Strawberry Festival, June 25 & 26; Wine & Harvest Festival, September 17 & 18 and German Festival October 8 & 9.
Tue, 11/09/2010 - 15:58
Living in Wisconsin this fall has been a delight. Sunny, 60 degree days, even in November. I'm enjoying authors on tour (Beth Hoffman, Dennis Lehane, James Dashner, Nicole Krauss, Ron Chernow) to name a few. Looking forward to Nigella Lawson's event (yummy food is part of the day).
Mon, 08/16/2010 - 09:25
Summer has been busy with family visits, fun at the lake cottage and special events that make Wisconsin special, like the EAA visit with two US Congressman, the PGA Championship in a VIP box (saw Tom Lehman make a hole-in-one) and Brewers games. Work has taken a new turn with more media and publicity projects for authors. Also have enjoyed my PR duties for Cedarburg festivals, including Strawberry Fest in June, German Fest in July and the upcoming Wine & Harvest Festival in September.
Tue, 07/27/2010 - 19:35
Spring was full of travel to warm, sunny, beachy locales. Summer keeps bringing long weekends at the lake house in Northern Wisconsin with friends and family. 90th birthday for my Mom in St. Louis, visits from kids, Brewers baseball, impromptu parties, fun clients (authors) and charming hometown festivals. This weekend it is a ViP invite to the EAA with Congressmen Vernon Ehlers and Tom Petri. I can only say, thank you for the many blessings!
Mon, 03/29/2010 - 19:56
Just returned from a langorous cruise on a luxurious ship. Room service breakfast on our personal veranda, endless blue water, lilting Caribbean accents, sensuous food, beautiful surroundings, lovely people and all in a floating palace with a perpetual 85* and soft breezes. Sigh...